All artwork must be:
- Only 2D work will be accepted.
– the artist’s original work. No copy giclee prints allowed (photography & digitallyproduced prints are allowed as originals).
– for sale (No NFS)
- all works must be at least 90% black, white and grey
– clearly labeled with the artist’s name, title of work & medium and price upon delivery to the venue.
– Dimensions for 2-D work are not to exceed 48 inches on the longest side high with the frame included. Maximum weight of 30 pounds.
- Work must have wire adequate to support the work (no saw-tooth hangers).
– The wire on the back of your artwork should be no more than one-quarter of the way down the length of the piece.
– All mats and glass must be clean.
– Gallery wrap canvases must be 1.25” deep or more, must have sides painted & no staples on sides.
- Canvases less than 1.25” deep must be framed.
Artwork not meeting all criteria for the exhibition will not be accepted at the scheduled delivery.
• Call Open: January 29, 2023
• Call Closes: February 28, 2023
• Notification to Accepted Artists: March 11, 2023
• Delivery Date: April 3, 2023 between 1:00 – 4:00 pm. Work will not be accepted outside of these times.
• Pickup Date of Unsold Work: June 9, 2023 between 1:00 – 4:00 pm. The University Club assumes no responsibility for any works not picked up during these times.
• The University Club will host a no cost Reception Gala for artists and their friends on April 14, 2023 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. There will be a cash bar available. Entry into the Gala will be free to all artists and their guests. The University Club’s star chef will prepare an array of appetizers for the gala. All artists and guests are asked to kindly RSVP to The University Club at (602) 254-5408 no later than April 7, 2023 in order to assist the Chef with headcount. The University Club will arrange for live music at the Gala. In keeping with the theme of the exhibit, all artists are kindly asked to dress in black and
white in order for guests to identify the artists.
• Total commission on all sales is 25%.
• The Phoenix University Club will process sales directly with the purchaser on the artists’ behalf. The purchaser take immediate possession of the artwork. The selling artist is responsible for a replacement piece within 2 business days. Artists will schedule with The University Club a time to deliver and hang the replacement piece. All replacement pieces must be consistent with the exhibit requirements for initial submittals and must be the same size as the piece that was sold for hanging purposes and for the integrity of the exhibit..
* Checks will be sent to selling artists within 30 days of the date in which the sale occurred. The University Club will retain 25% of the selling price. Artists are responsible for taxes on the total sales price.
– MUST adhere to delivery and pick-up times.
– retain copyright to the artwork, however The Phoenix University Club reserves the right to photograph & publish images of artwork for this and future exhibitions, and for use in The Phoenix University Club virtual exhibition.
JURORS – To be Announced