Dear Bride and Groom,
Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for your interest in having your wedding reception at the University Club of Phoenix. Located in the prestigious historic Alvarado district in mid-town Phoenix, directly south of the Heard Museum, the Club offers a beautiful picturesque garden for the ceremony, as well as the reception that will accommodate up to 200 guests. The clubhouse itself is a charming converted home that will accommodate up to 150 guests and will bring nostalgia to your special day. I recommend that you come and view our house to appreciate its charm as one of Downtown Phoenix’s Best Wedding Venues.
Below, please find copies of our current menus and policies. If you prefer, we will be happy to customize a menu for you. In addition to the menus, I have included bar prices and rental charges. A wedding cake comes with most package menus, however if you would like to provide your own cake, we would charge $1.00 cutting fee per person.
There is a site facility charge of $1500 for the use of the Club on weekend and holidays. For weekdays there is a $300 facility minimum. Should you hold your ceremony in our garden, there is an additional $300 setup fee. Dance floor is a rental item as well as an arch and/or Roman columns. All of our china, flatware, glassware and linen are provided at no charge. We require a deposit of $1,000 to reserve the date of your choice. The deposit will be credited against the charges for your event. This deposit is non-refundable.
An additional item of interest to you might be that there is a noise ordinance in regards to the music and all music must stop at 10 p.m., due to city ordinances in our residential area. Bands are not permitted due to the noise ordinance.
If you have questions please feel free to contact me 602-254-5408.
Private Party Policies
- The University Club of Phoenix will provide all food and beverage. No outside caterers are permitted.
- All food, beverage and rental costs are subject to 20% taxable service charge and 9.3% sales tax.
- Prices are subject to change. Guaranteed prices will not be given more than 60 days prior to the function date without a signed contract.
- A minimum guarantee of attendance must be received 72 hours prior to all events. This is the minimum number for which you will be charged. Absolutely no reduction in guaranteed attendance will be accepted after this count is given. You will be expected to pay for any unexpected guests. We will set 5% over your guaranteed number of guests. 75% of estimated charges due 72 hours prior to event. Balance to be paid on conclusion of event.
- For all buffet meals, a minimum number of guests are required. If less than the minimum is to attend, the minimum will be charged or a sit down menu will be substituted. No food is permitted to be taken off premises.
- A uniform meal must be selected for all groups exceeding 10 people. Two entrées may be selected when the host or hostess furnishes the numbers for each entrée and a way to identify who will be having what at their table.
- No function dates will be held on a tentative basis. To secure a date and hold it on definite bases there will be a deposit of $1,000 required. This deposit is non-refundable. The facility site fee charge is $1500 for the use of the Club on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. There is a $300 minimum Monday – Thursday and on Friday evenings there is a $750.00 site fee.
- Wedding arrangements must be finalized within 30 days prior to the date.
- There will a $100 clean-up fee assessed for rice, birdseed, confetti, etc… This fee will be billed after cleanup is completed.
- City ordinance and a good neighbor policy only allow music until 10:00 p.m. Noise ordinance also applies. Bands are not permitted due to the noise ordinance.
- Rooms are reserved according to the size of groups and are subject to change.